Sermon on the Mount
2004-5 Series: Matthew 5-7 - Sermon on the Mount
The 2004-5 theme for CGYG was "Seek Ye First..." which comes from the
Sermon on the Mount. We are to seek first God's kingdom and His
righteousness. This study looks at the a Christian's character
(5:3-12), influence (5:13-16), life (righteousness [5:17-48], religion
[6:1-18], ambitions [6:19-34], and relationships [7:1-20]), and
commitment (7:13-14; 21-27).
- The NIV Study Bible. (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 1985)
- Michael J. Wilkins. The NIV Application Commentary: Matthew.
(Grand Rapids, Michigan: Zondervan, 2004)
- John R.W. Stott. The Message of the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7):
Christian Counter Culture. (Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 1978)
- D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. Studies in the Sermon on the Mount. (Grand Rapids,
Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 1976.
- D.A. Carson. Jesus' Sermon on the Mount: And His Confrontation with the
World. (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Books, 2004)
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer. The Cost of Discipleship. (New York, New York:
- John Piper Sermons:
- John MacArthur Sermons: